Swimming at Eight Acre Lake
Swimming is allowed all year round during opening times at Eight Acre Lake.
Open water swimming is becoming more and more popular, whether it is for fun, fitness or you are training for your next triathlon, Eight Acre Lake is the perfect location!
While swimming it would be great if you can follow our rules, these are:
- To wear adaquate protection
- Have some form of buoyancy either an exposure suit or a carry a tow float, these are both available to buy from our on site shop and wetsuits can be hired
- Follow our swim route, going round the edge of the lake in a clockwise position
As you can see from the image above we have outstanding water quality at Eight Acre Lake so there is lots to see on your way around, as a rough guide 3 laps of the lake is equivalent to a mile.
- Wednesday - 10.00 - 16.30
- Thursday - 10.00 - 16.30 (During the warmest weeks of the year we open till 8pm, check for updates)
- Saturday - 09.00 - 16.30
- Sunday - 09.00 - 16.30
- ALL Bank Holidays except over Christmas unless otherwise stated - 10.00 - 16.30
Changing rooms and toilets, lockers are available in the cafe (own lock needed). Our on site dive shop also stocks many items for swimmers including products from Aquasphere and Dryrobe.
- £5 per day
- 20% Discount with Loyalty Swimming Card - £40 for a 10 Days.
You can find upto date water temperatures here.